As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. But, with Juvederm® Ultra XC injectable gel, you don’t have to just sit back and let it happen!
Juvederm® Ultra XC is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. Your provider eases Juvederm® Ultra XC injectable gel under the skin to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds, like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds—the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth).
Juvederm® Ultra XC provides a smooth, natural look and feel
So everyone will notice, but no one will know!
Injection of Juvederm® Ultra XC is a replacement source of this hyaluronic acid, which disappears gradually with age. Juvederm® Ultra XC is a hyaluronic acid in the form of a transparent homogeneous viscoelastic gel which has four major benefits:
- It is obtained by biosynthesis and is of non-animal origin
- It does not require any preliminary test
- The molecule is one of the constituents of the human body
- Its hyaluronic acid content is currently one of the most concentrated on the market
The effects of Juvederm® Ultra XC usually last 9 months. This effect varies depending on the types of skin, areas, amounts injected and the injection technique. In some cases, the effect may last for up to one year. The average life of Juvederm® Ultra XC in the lips is 6 months because of the high vascularisation of the lips.
The Juvederm® Ultra XC range is suitable for patients of all ages. It is also an ideal implant to prevent the development of wrinkles in fragile areas in young people and to smooth imperfections. Injections of Juvederm® Ultra XC must be seen as a treatment. Your provider will therefore offer you a time course of injections suitable for your own case. Following this will help to improve and prolong the aesthetic results.
Results of wrinkle filling
In a session lasting a few minutes with a simple intradermal injection of Juvederm® Ultra XC, your provider will smooth your wrinkles or imperfections and replace them with a burst of light to your beauty. You will return to your social and working life immediately.
Providers may offer local anaesthesia to make the correction more comfortable, by applying an anaesthetic cream or by local superficial anaesthesia.
If your pores are dilated on the site to be treated, it is recommended that astringent care be administered: an astringent lotion, cleansing mask or vitamin A acid or AHA based preparation (ask your provider for advice).
You are strongly recommended not to take aspirin or anti-inflammatories during the three days and if possible the week before the injection session.
In the hours following the injection we recommend that you avoid excessive facial expressions. Similarly, you are not recommended to:
- Expose yourself to gel, sunlight or excessive heat (UV, sauna, etc.) for long times during the two weeks after the injection.
- To touch, handle or massage the site injected.
Make up and usual care may be used on the day after treatment.
Can there be side effects?
- Inflammatory reactions (redness, oedema, erythema etc.) which may be associated with stinging or pain on pressure may occur after the injection. These reactions may last for a week.
- Swellings or nodules may develop at the injection site.
- Very rare cases of discoloration (reversible) of the injection area have been reported.
- Rare cases of necrosis affecting the glabellar region, abscess, granuloma, and hypersensitivity have been described in the literature after injections of hyaluronic acid.
- Persistence of such reactions for more than a week or any other secondary effect which develops must be reported to provider as soon as possible.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Areas with inflammatory and/or infectious skin problems (acne, etc.).
- Association with laser treatment, chemical peeling or dermabrasion.
Do not forget to tell your provider about your past medical history, such as:
Tendency to develop hypertrophic scarring, autoimmune diseases, immunotherapy treatment, known hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid. All of this advice is designed to ensure you have the best results. For any further information, please ask your provider for advice.
For more information about JUVÉDERM® ULTRA® XC and the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers, visit www.Juvederm.com.
Ask us about easy financing with GreenSky® Credit. For more information, visit GreenSky® Credit.