Salicylic Acid is the new generation of products for improving the appearance of ageing skin. Dermatologists now agree that Beta Hydroxy, Salicylic Acid is a superior exfoliant that improves the appearance of ageing, sun-damaged skin without all the irritations associated with the Alpha Hydroxy, Glycolic Acid.
Salicylic Acid Peels are effective in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improving overall facial texture because it exfoliates both the skin surface and within pores, without all the irritations commonly associated with the Alpha Hydroxy, Glycolic Acid." It has been found that Beta Hydroxy, Salicylic Acid is effective with as little as one-fifth the concentration typically found in products containing Glycolic Acid.
In a single study comparing a 1.5 percent Salicylic Acid product and an 8+ percent glycolic acid product, the Salicylic Acid product was shown to be a more effective exfoliant. Great For Acne Salicylic acid is highly effective for acne and oily skins. It is oil-soluble and lipophilic so it penetrates sebum filled follicles and helps to unclog pores, loosen and lift out blackheads, even out skin tone, and prevent future outbreaks.
Salicylic acid blends powerful skin exfoliation with skin soothing actions. It has ultraviolet absorbing properties that help to protect the skin from the damaging effects of the sun.
A series of salicylic acid skin peels can be utilized to:
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen production and improving skin density and firmness
- Visibly reduce pore size
- Even skin tone, minimizing areas of discoloration
- Soothe, condition and moisturize
- Effectively treat stubborn skin conditions, such as acne and environmental/sun damage
- Deliver cumulative benefits and optimal results with weekly treatments
- For all Fitzpatrick skin types
- For acne, hyperpigmentation and premature aging
If you are allergic to aspirin (which is similar to salicylic acid), you should not undergo a salicylic acid peel. If you are not sure whether or not you are allergic, your provider should test a small area of your inner, upper arm prior to applying a full-face peel.
Price: $65 (30 min)